Interested in Becoming a Firefighter? We Want You!
The Fredericktown Fire Department is looking for individuals interested in serving their community as a volunteer firefighter. The Fredericktown Fire Department located in Fredericktown, MO is a department made of twenty paid-per call members. The department is an extension of the City of Fredericktown. Our department was founded in November of 1926 and has a proud track record of serving the public since. Our department operates from one station located centrally in the City of Fredericktown. Our department responds to, on average, about 130 incidents a year. We operate with six apparatus and one support vehicle. Our firefighters log hundreds of hours of training annually and our department currently boasts an ISO rating of 4.
- Assist in the suppression of structural, vehicular, and miscellaneous fires.
- Respond to residential and commercial fire alarms.
- Assist EMS with medical mutual aid calls.
- Respond to motor vehicle accidents and provide, extrication, traffic control, and roadway wash-down.
- Assist in searches and rescues.
- Respond to other emergency calls as requested.
- Be proficient in the use of ladders, hose lays, water appliances, rescue tools, and other firefighting tools.
- Participate in emergency pre-planning of structures and assist with community fire education.
- Attend training and business meetings.
- Citizen of the United States
- Legal resident of the Fredericktown Fire Department District
- Possess a valid Missouri State Drivers license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Application for membership must meet all application and induction requirements.
- To be considered for membership, the candidate must successfully pass all pre-membership tests including the following: physical agility test, written exam, oral board interview, interview with chief officers, and approval by the current members.
- Upon being offered a position with the Fredericktown Fire Department one must submit to a background check, fingerprinting, and drug screening.
- Upon acceptance, member will be required to be enrolled in a Firefighter I and II class within the first two years of membership, and successfully complete the course and obtain state level certification. All class expenses will be paid for by the fire department.
- Upon acceptance, member will be classified as a probationary firefighter for a six-month period while he/she is placed in our probationary firefighter training program. Upon successful completion of the probationary program the member will be classified as a firefighter and will be placed in our apparatus driver training program.
Education and Training:
Our department prides it's self on training. Our firefighters hold biweekly training meetings on Wednesday nights. These meetings help keep us continually learning and refreshing on various topics of our job. Newly added personnel will be placed in a six month training program that will teach the basics of our department and prepare the candidate to operate as a probationary firefighter. A probationary firefighter will also be expected to attend a Firefighter I and II class. This semester long course covers a wide array of operations of a firefighter. After completion of the course the candidate is able to test with the State of Missouri Division of Fire Safety and become a state certified firefighter.
How to get started:
The first step in the application process is to pick up an application or print one off. To make arrangements to pick one up, contact us on Facebook, or click here to use the contact form. To print the application, click here or see below.. Once you have received the form be sure to completely fill it out and give it back to one of our members, or drop it in the mailbox located on the front of the fire station.
We are excited to be adding to our department and look forward to meeting our applicants. Feel free to contact us through Facebook or website for any questions.